- Do not bypass the safety measures on the laser cutter.
- Do not run the laser cutter with the cover open.
- Do not attempt to cut or engrave any highly polished or reflective surfaces.
Do not cut anything that you would not burn in your fireplace. Cutting inappropriate materials can produce corrosive gases and/or smoke that can damage the mirrors, lenses and stainless steel components in the machine. Approved materials:
- Laser safe rubber
Materials to avoid.
- Metals (Brass, copper, aluminum, steel,...)
- Place material on laser bed.
- Move the entire lens and autofocus assembly onto the laser bed on top of material
- Use Z Datum the cutting autofocus the lens (WARNING! Doing a z-datum while the autofocus is not above the cutting bed will knock the focusing lens out of alignment)
- Check that your cutting speed and power is appropriate for your material.
- Download cutting file to laser cutter.