From Diyode Community Workshop
Quotes for Laser cutting:
- http://chinalasercuttingservice.com USD$342 including shipping. (~CAN$440)
- Advanced MetalTech - Guelph - CAN$575 - all imperial sizes.
- Amber Steel - Kitchener - CAN$$1588 for 3 sets, HST Incl
- Ideal is to use Stainless steel 303 bar for axle to better stand up to Haitian environment.
- Specs call for 27mm bar. This can easily be swapped for 1 1/16" hex bar (26.9875mm). 1 1/16" 303SS bar is hard to source. 1" or 1 1/8" is much more common, but would require an adjustment of the laser cut files.
- Simon has adjusted the files for a 1" bar, and is sourcing that in stainless.
- Metal Supermarket in Kitchener has 16' of 1" Stainless Steel 303 hex in stock.
- 70RPM, 80-100 NM Torque.
- Interchangeable with extruder motor, ideally.
- Salvaged would be ideal. Old washing machine motor or drill press motor?